SPECIALTY SHEDS AND BUILDINGS
Do you have a dream shed we do not offer in our standard line? Let us know and we can offer you a custom quote. These designs are not available year-round and depend on our current workload. Common custom designs dormers, endwall porches, and lean-tos. Custom designs are subject to engineering fees and are sometimes only available under 256 sq ft.
*Buildings that are 10’ or wider or more than 20’ in length are only available built on your site. Buildings over 256 sq ft come standard with a permanent concrete pier foundation system. All buildings come standard with a double door entryway and a window. You choose their placement. Customize your building with shelves, workbenches, lofts, extra windows, doors, or a garage door. Available in Duratemp, Pressure Treated T1-11, Vinyl, beaded vinyl, or Hardie Plank.
Similar Styles to Consider
- We use solid concrete blocks and shims to level buildings less than 256 sq ft built on level ground.
- We use a concrete pier foundation for buildings greater than 256 sq ft or located on sloped grade.
- Roof: 2×6 rafters 24 in. “on center” (OC) with 1/2″ OSB sheeting, tar paper, a ridge vent, and 3 tab or architectural asphalt shingles *16” OC for 16’ wide buildings. We use 2X4 rafters for Barns
- Walls: 2×4 studs 16 in. OC with OSB sheathing. Duratemp and pressure treated T1-11 buidlings have no additional sheathing.
- Floor: 2×4 pressure-treated floor joists 16 in. OC with 3/4″ plywood over 4×4 pressure-treated runners (8’, 9.5’, and 10’ wide) or 4X6 pressure-treated runners (12’, 14’ and 16’ wide). Runners are a maximum of 6’ OC
- Engineer certified to withstand 115 MPH and up to 130 MPH if your area required it
- For wood buildings, we use matching Duratemp or Pressure Treated T1-11 doors.
- For all other sidings, we use non-prehung primed fiberglass doors
- Windows: Vertical slider windows with screens and exterior window trim
- Trim: For wood building, we use real cedar trim. For all other exteriors, we wrap soffits in white coil stock and use vinyl trim around windows and building corners
Make It Yours
Because every shed is built custom for you there are endless opportunities to make this structure your own. If requested, we can even increase the building’s structural load. Consider the following to make the structure fit your needs.
- Even if your building is not 256 Sq Ft or on sloped grade you can opt for a permanent foundation to enhance the structural integrity of your building. If your structure is on a permanent foundation, you do not pay sales tax on your purchase.
- Add additional doors or windows to change the functionality or bring in more light. We can even use home grade entry doors or insulated windows
- Add a ramp to make it easy to get large or heavy items in and out.
- Add lofts, shelving, or workbenches to fit your needs.
- Cupolas and weathervanes give your outdoor building a unique look.
- Opt for a vinyl, shake, beaded, or Hardie Plank siding that matches or compliments your home or complies with HOA restrictions. We can even special order a specific brand.
- Opt for 2X6 pressure-treated floor joists to increase the load of your floor.
- Choose all pressure treated walls and flood vents to ensure your building stands for years to come in areas prone to heavy flooding (In some areas this is required to comply with flood zone requirements)